You are here
Player & Parent Conduct Policy
Registering students and parents agree to abide by the club's code of conduct for players and parents. This is outlined below:-
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere at school venues, or within the perimeter fencing at public course venues. Parents or spectators found smoking will be asked to leave the premises, and students expelled from their course without refund. Any fines levied on ClubFootball by the school or facility partner will be passed on to the parent responsible.
- Alcohol is not permitted at any course venues under any circumstances.
- Players should arrive a minimum of 15-20 minutes before the session is scheduled to start. Classes will start on time, regardless of how many children are in attendance. In the interests of security, players at school facilities should not arrive at the session more than half an hour before the session is due to start. Players are asked to get changed and leave school facilities promptly once the session has finished.
- During session time, parents should remain off the pitch area. Especially with younger children, parents around the vicinity of the pitch can be an unnecessary distraction. To benefit fully from the session, players should be focused on the coaches and the task in hand. At venues where spectator/parents areas are defined, parents are asked to remain in these for the benefit of the students.
- Students should wear shinpads during all sessions. Whilst it can take a little time to get used to wearing shinpads it is a very good habit to acqure and is in fact mandatory in every developed football nation at every level of the game! It should be noted that shindpads should be worn inside a player's socks!
- Students are not permitted to wear studs / cleats / blades for indoor sessions. Students with unsuitable footwear will not be permitted to play and will not be refunded for the session missed.
- Coaches and assistants will be responsible for water-breaks and rest periods and will ensure these are adequate. Please do not take kids off the pitch during the session for additional water breaks.
- Parents are asked not to ‘coach’ from the sidelines. Our coaches are trained to select what to say as well as how/when to say it. It is essential that information from the sideline doesn’t hinder and/or negate this process. Students are taught to make their own decisions on the pitch, and shouts of ‘shoot’ or ‘pass’ from the sidelines, although well-intentioned, often prevent students from learning to think for themselves.
- Players should respect coaches, players and match officials at all times. Failure to do so may result in a student being asked to ‘sit out’, and repeated instances of poor behavior may result in the player being ejected from the course and club without refund.
- Violent behavior, bad language, verbal abuse, bullying, or racism will not be tolerated. Any players, parents or spectators guilty of these shall result in expulsion from the programme without refund.
- Parents and players are asked to keep their valuables safe, particularly at public venues. ClubFootball is not responsible for any valuables lost before, during, or after sessions.